I came across a pretty smashed up lampshade and I have been wanting to make a fur lampshade for my or the girls room as it seems to add such warmth to the area and of course I have some spare fur pieces lying around....but then I came across a bag of bridal fabric offcuts I was lucky enough to receive over 10 years ago from a dressmaker and saw the net lining (with ribbon edging) in the bag.
So this is what I did:
The lampshade was for a pedestal or side lamp and I had no lamps with the correct fitting to attach to a rooftop...sooooo....I bent that baby up until it was so crooked I couldn't attach the light and then I took the hammer and sorted it out.....(hence not so pretty at the top) but nothing a hotglued pile of fabric couldn't fix.
So, I glued on some scrap pink gingham,...which didn't actually fit so I had to do a minor collage job on it at the back....(noone will notice this because it is under the net skirt)
Then I glued the net on, ruffling as I went...and glued a ribbon around that to cover the glue. Then to finish it I attached some vintage yellow lace to the top....
I am so pleased with it...it really looks very pretty.
Oh, I glued ric rac around the inside bottom too, to hide the glued up fabric.