Monday 2 January 2012

Christmas corner

So here is my December month of festive craft in pictures.  Sorry no tutorials, a busy month and just didn't make time for that.

Firstly for our Road Xmas Party, I tried my hardest to come up with a very tame theme, that young and old, keen and not-so-keen would all be (hopefully) willing to go along with. I came up with Bows and Bow Ties....and for those that had already suggested they weren't keen to play along...I took the liberty of making their bows and bow ties...for the most grumbly or hard to convince to wear a tie, I pulled apart an angel earring that flashed (actually my little 1yr old, ripped the head off her and it was the perfect back piece for the flashing bowtie for the biggest "dummyspitter", fortunately there were none, but the tie got heaps of use and looking very becoming on the country gentlemen.

 I hung up the bows and bow ties on our "North Pole" which was an old plant stand, with solar lights placed up the top and a big lampshade (that I have as yet had no use for) and Ta Daaa.it was our North Pole.....will post more piccies soon.  The rainbow boards I have posted about previously, they were old cork placemats that I covered for the girls room.
 We made our own snowglobes, which was a lot of fun.  I only have a shot of one, because the others need to be reglued...some very vigorous shaking has taken place, so will post the angel and rudolph globes later.


 This frame and fairy lights hung between the tables...hard to read the sign, it says "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is to sing LOUD for all to hear" I can't remember the website I printed it off as a free printable....but I really loved it.
The tiny Xmas tree was an opshop find as well as the angel.

I made the baby blue and white spot tissue poms and the rainbow pom from leftover tissue paper.

I created a bunch of paper decorations above the Christmas tree,  this snowflake...

this feather wreath with leftover supplies.....

 The outdoor table centrepiece for me were these old plastic lampshades from the house glued onto a broken base off a crystal jar, and two wine glasses of different shapes, that were 20c each....They are three different heights which adds some nice dimension and this year our theme was pastel blue green and pink, which looked so pretty!
 We also were going to make a gingerbread house or train, we even thought a castle or tent might be fun, but came up with this idea to make a gingerbread mobile with candy and hung above the kitchen table.  It looked really cute.
 For a party we made these santa hats which were really yummy and easy to make. Just strawberries dipped in white choc then rolled in coconut.  White chocolate on the top with a macadamia, but you could use mini marshmallows too!
I printed out photo props for the Xmas party and it was a lot of fun for young and old again. I was surprised that almost everybody had a go and it was such a lot of laughs.

Not the best shot, no lippie and not quite ready, but timing is essential to get the kids in the shot.  My bow was a bow tie with flair...I thought it was quite cute on the side.

 A dear sweet friend and I playing up to the camera

Everyone wants to be Santa

                                         Or a wise ole chap....
Same goes.......

Again those dear sweet friends hamming it up!!!

                                        
And my sweetie and I

No comments:

Post a Comment